Friday, October 5, 2012

K-Ro's Challenge

My friend K-Ro and I visited a quilt shop last year and we found this large allover floral fabric from the "Isabella" line designed by Lila Tueller for Riley Blake.

I loved the fabric, but K-Ro wondered how you would even use it in a quilt.  Thus the challenge was born.  I purchase a few fabrics while we were at the store, not quite knowing what I was going to do at the time.  Then I found a pattern from the M'Liss Rae Hawley book "Phenomenal Fat Quarter Quilts".  I fussy cut the flowers to feature them in the center of the blocks and carefully cut the borders making sure I kept the pattern on the fabric facing the same direction.  I quilted it with wavy vertical lines.  I think I was quite successful in the challenge.  Now I should challenge her....


flower challenge quilt closeup

flower challenge quilt 2

flower challenge quilt 3




1 comment: