Monday, March 11, 2013

Quilt of Valor

About two weeks ago, I joined a group of ladies from my quilt guild for a Quilts of Valor workshop.  I had an enjoyable day sewing, meeting different members of the guild and a wonderful lunch.  It was a very enjoyable day.

I had a nice spacious work table all to myself.  I had my quilt pieces pre-cut so I was ready to sew when I arrived.



By the time the day was over I had most of the quilt top pieced.

QOV workshop

All I had left to do was make the large flying geese blocks, sew the rows together and add the borders.  Last Sunday I finished the flying geese components and today I was able to complete the quilt top.  Now I'm working on piecing the quilt back.  I thought I bought enough of an extra-wide quilt backing but once I washed it and squared up the edges I found out that it was cut all wonky and I was inches short, so now I'm working on piecing the back.  Oh well, at least the top is done, I'll finish piecing the back tomorrow and I'll be able to turn it over at next Tuesday's guild meeting to be quilted by the longarmer.



1 comment:

  1. That turned out beautifully! I love how bright it is. What a great QOV pattern. :) Someone is going to get a very special gift!!

    ReplyDelete