Sunday, March 3, 2013

More Mini Sparkle Punch

I managed to finishing piecing the top to my Mini Sparkle Punch quilt today.  The quilt top is currently 19" square.  I didn't get around to quilting it because I'm trying to decide on what thread color to us.  I know how I'm going to quilt it but I'm stuck on a thread color at the moment.


I pieced a 12" wonky star for the backing and plan on using it as a guide when I quilt.  I just love the bright floral fabric!!!


On Thursday I joined members of my guild for a day of quilting.  We worked on making a quilt for Quilts of Valor to be presented to a wounded veteran.  I managed on Thursday to piece the majority of the quilt top and I spent some time today making the flying geese for the top and bottom borders.  Once the top is completed the guild will have a longarmer quilt it and I'll just have to do the binding.  It was an enjoyable way to spend the day.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment