Sunday, March 24, 2013

Busy weekend

This weekend I worked on two more mini quilts.  One quilt is based on the Quilty Barn tutorial from Lori at beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com.  When I first saw the block I knew it would make a fun mini quilt.

Untitled

The block went together very fast and I think I may have to make a few more.  I'm looking forward to quilting this one.

I also went crazy chain piecing my next mini quilt.  I'm doing the Sparkle Punch again, only smaller.  The squares are 1 1/2 inches finishing to 1 inch.  Next weekend I should be able to finish the pressing and trimming and assemble the top.

Holy Chain Piecing Batman! !

Last weekend I finished piecing the quilt top to my $10 BOM Quilt that I participated in with my LQS.  I chose the neutral colorway for the blocks but in the end I decided I needed some color after all.

$10 BOM Quilt top

The first Mini Sparkle Punch quilt is finished, quilted, labeled and hanging sleeve attached. 


No comments:

Post a Comment