I've also been participating in the Simply Modern Bee on Flickr and have enjoyed making the blocks in all the different color combinations. I decided to spend today and finish up the last four blocks. The two blocks for March were requested in raspberry and lime and blue and green (like sea glass). I really like both of them. The two blocks for April were requested in navy and orange and eclectic Americana. I've had fun participating in the bee and can't wait to receive my remaining blocks. I've decided I'm going donate my bee quilt to one of my guilds to be given to a child in need.
|Simply Modern Bee Blocks|
I did manage to finish sewing the binding on my Carpenter Star quilt this week. I've been wanting to make this pattern and used a charm pack I had laying around to test out the pattern. I can't wait to make another one. This quilt will be donated to Project Linus at my Saturday guild meeting.
|Carpenter Star Quilt|
I've been trying to stay focused and work on the Spin Cycle quilt. I have eleven blocks left to make. I'm trying not to start new projects until its finished but it's been hard. There are so many quilts to make and so little time. I'm going to try and spend the first part of the year finishing some projects. I have a few quilt tops that I need to send to the long arm quilter and a few I need to quilt myself. I also need to finish my plume quilt. But first things first, I have to finish piecing the Spin Cycle quilt as my niece has been sworn into the Air Force and will be leaving sometime this Fall.