Sunday, December 30, 2012

Quilting in a Cold Front

Finally!! A cold front in Florida!!!  Well, cold at least for South Florida.  It's 1pm and only 60'F outside - I love it!  Unfortunately it will only last for about a day and then we will be back to the high 70's/low 80's.

I spent the weekend straightening the sewing room and working on my blocks for the Simply Modern Bee I'm participating in.  January is my month and I choose the colors red and aqua.  I made my block today as well as the block for my fellow Queen Bee who also choose red and aqua.  While I was at it I decided to make the February blocks since I know this month will be a bit busy.  The February Queen's choose shades of purple and purple and green for their blocks.


I'm still playing in the sewing room today and hope to finish a few more blocks on my Spin Cycle quilt.  I only have 15 to go!  I'm trying to be good and finish that project before I start the next one.  I just added a bunch of neutrals to my stash and can't wait to start working with them.


On the knitting front, I finally finished my Derecho Shawl that I was doing as part of a KAL with my friends who went with me to SAFF.  I love the colors!

derecho shawl

No comments:

Post a Comment