Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Trip to Madrona Road

I finished my quilt as part of the Modern Quilt Guild Madrona Road Challenge.  The South Florida Modern Quilt Guild was sent a selection of beautiful fabrics from the Michael Miller Madrona Road collection by Violet Craft.  The challenge was to create something using fabrics from the Madrona Road collection.  We could add solids only.  My guild added the extra rule that the perimeter of the quilt could not exceed 96".  I tried numerous ideas in scrap fabric before settling on a variation of the Trip Around the World scrap block that is popular right now on the quilt blogs.  Thus "A Trip to Madrona Road" was born.  Each little square measures 3/4" finished.  The quilt is 21.5" square.  Except for the blue solid, the quilt is made entirely from the Madrona Road collection (including the backing, hanging sleeve and label).




I love the placement of the yellow and black fabrics.



I echo quilted the star and the Trip Around the World blocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment