Sunday, January 27, 2013

Quilting on a deadline

It's been a bit crazy around here.  I'm trying to get a quilt finished by Jan. 31st for the MQG Madrona Road Challenge.  I'll post pictures as soon as it's done.

Last post I mentioned a secret knitting/crochet project.  My knit group made an afghan for a long time group member who moved away in August.  Members of the knit group knitted or crocheted 1-2 blocks for the afghan.  We worked as a team to seam all the blocks together and I added a crocheted edging.  I made the cream crocheted block (row #2, 2nd block) and the green crocheted block (row #3, 4th block).  We miss you Jan!!!


 This week I added a new addition to the sewing room.  


A Little Gracie II quilting frame!!!!  A wonderful lady was giving it to a good home and that home turned out to be mine.  My husband was a great sport trying to get it loaded into our Suburban (it just barely fit!!)  The frame will be set up in our back Florida room.  I'm looking forward to spending a weekend setting it up and figuring out how to load the quilt.

I'd like to say "Hello!!" to Jennifer H. from Cleveland, OH who was visiting the area last week.  She sent me a lovely email asking for quilt shop recommendations in the area.  I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip to StitchCraft in Boca Raton, FL - that's my favorite LQS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment