Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hexagons

I think I've been bitten by the hexagon bug.  I've always wanted to try them but thought it would be too much of a pain.  When I was at my LQS recently I noticed they started carrying the hexagon paper pieces so I figured why not give it a try.  I picked up a package of 1 1/2" hexagons.  I spent Sunday digging through my scraps cutting out squares of fabric and tried my first two hexagons.  The Sometimes Crafter blog has a great tutorial and links to others.  It was so easy!!!

hexagons

I made myself a little portable hexagon sewing kit out of a metal lunch box I found at Tuesday Morning (I love TM!).  I have a small pin cushion with a few sewing needles and pins, a thread cutter, spool of thread, my thread catcher, squares of fabric and the hexagon templates.  So far I've managed to make a few hexagons in the morning before work and during my lunch break.  I really have no plan right now, so I'll see what happens when I get them all made.

hexagon sewing kit

Doggie picture:

He's so adorable....

Untitled


No comments:

Post a Comment