Sunday, August 19, 2012

Geese

The South Florida Modern Quilt Guild has an ongoing Quilt Bee this year.  I was the Queen Bee for March and asked everyone to create a block with a flying geese theme, or as my friend says "triangles".  We have eleven people participating in the bee so I had to make one extra block.  I started doing the Circle of Geese pattern.  I had my fabrics laid out in a rainbow and started piecing the block.  Well, I really shouldn't piece late at night because I paper pieced from the wrong side of the paper.  Not so bad if I stayed consistent, but I put the rainbow in the wrong order on the next block so I improvised.

Untitled

I also made some scrappy geese for a border.  I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to add a solid border.

flying geese bee quilt

Here's my finished block for the August Queen Bee - K-Ro.  She chose the the Garden Fence pattern from Hyacinth Quilt Designs.  The block was so easy and fun.  I think I may make this as one of my upcoming quilt projects.

Untitled

Doggie picture:  My little guy was sound asleep on the couch.  I slowly peeled back his blanket to find him all stretched out and comfy.  He loves sleeping in my sewing room.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment