I've been doing a little sewing the past two days making new project bags for my knitting (you can never have too many!). I found a great tutorial online from A Quilting Life blog for a patchwork gift bag. For the first bag I followed the tutorial step by step. I used charm squares in my stash and picked up a coordinating fabric at my LQS. I even quilted the front and back.
It's very cute, but a little on the small side for most of my knitting projects. It would probably be great for a sock knitter. So I made another one with a few modifications. I made the bag a little wider by doing a 4x5 grid of patchwork and adjusted the measurements on the rest of the pieces. I didn't add fleece to this one or quilt it so it wouldn't so stiff. The fabric is from a Robert Kaufman scrap bag with a coordinating fabric picked up at the LQS. I love how this one turned out and it is the perfect size for my shawl knitting projects.
My new project bag is home to my recent knitting project. The pattern is Snowflakes and Flowers by Sandra Alice. I'm knitting it in Noro Kureyon Sock yarn. I'll post pictures when I'm farther along.
Yesterday morning I also finished my block for the South Florida Modern Quilt Guild block swap next week. We were to make a holiday themed nine patch block. I choose Halloween and used the fat quarter that I received in last month's fat quarter swap.