Sunday, December 4, 2011

Another DOH!!! moment

For the past couple of weeks I have been working on the Clockwise Crochet Cap by Jennifer Hagan.  I started the hat and was happily crocheting along.  When I was almost to the end I realized there was no way this would ever be a hat.  I thought perhaps my gauge was way off so I ripped it out and started again.  On try number two I was once again happily crocheting along, almost to the end of my yarn thinking if I just stick with it, it will become a hat.  No such luck, it looked like a frisbee and I thought the best I could hope for was to stiffen it and turn it into a bowl.

IMAG0167.jpg

I sat down last night and really started to look at the hat and slowly go back through the pattern.  I finally realized that I had seven spokes coming out from the center instead of the six called for in the pattern.  I have no idea how I didn't catch this the first two times I made the pattern.  So I ripped it out again and started over carefully.  I'm happy to say that I now see a hat starting to form.  I'm glad I stuck with it, I only hope that when it's finished it will actually fit cause as always, I didn't bother with a gauge swatch.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, whoops! Third time's a charm, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I don't know what was with me. I can't believe I made the same error twice!! I'm more amazed that I kept with it and didn't give up!

    ReplyDelete