Friday, April 1, 2011

FSU Baby Knits (and crochet)

My oldest niece is expecting her first baby this May/June.  I decided to make her a few homemade items.  When I started the projects, we didn't know yet if she was having a boy or a girl.  I knew I needed to allow myself enough time to make everything and couldn't wait to find out the results.  Since my niece graduated from Florida State University (FSU) I decided to go that route.  I also knew it would irk my BIL since he is a University of Florida fan.

I researched baby blankets and just couldn't find anything that jumped out at me so I pulled out my handy crochet stitch dictionary and came up with one on my own.  When the blanket was done I also made a cute pair of booties and a matching hat.


FSU Baby Blanket
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish DK in grain heather and garnet heather
Hook: 4mm (G)

FSU Baby Hat
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish DK in grain heather and garnet heather
Needle: size 6 (4mm)
Pattern: Baby Basic Hat by Donna Higgins

FSU Baby Booties

Yarn: Knit Picks Swish DK in grain heather and garnet heather
Needle: size 6 (4mm)
Pattern: Baby Booties by Aneeta Patel

No comments:

Post a Comment