Saturday, February 19, 2011

Can you say ridiculous!!!?!?!?!?

I am trying to re-do my guest room into my yarn/quilt/craft room.  I thought I would be nice and donate my furniture to a charity that could us it to help others.  Two weeks ago I scheduled a Saturday pickup with Faith Farm Ministries in Boynton Beach, FL.  I called the Friday before as instructed for my pickup window.  I was told they would be there between 2pm-3:30pm so I hurried this morning and ran my errands and did everything I needed to do so I could get back to the house in time.  I didn't want to miss them and know they have lots of stops - I was #13 and live basically just down the road from them.  I was looking forward to the furniture getting out of the room so I could begin removing my wallpaper today.  I was so excited.  Well, 3:15pm rolls around and no sign of them so I call and am told they are running a little late and my pickup will be by 5pm.  Ok, I get it.  Still waiting. I call at 4:45pm to check and am told they will be there in 45 minutes.  Well, it's 6:30pm now, no sign of them, they stopped answering their phones before 6pm.  I have wasted my entire afternoon sitting around my house for them to show up.  Trying not to get involved in anything because I would have been interrupted when they arrived.  But no, I get to sit and wait.  Apparently Faith Farm Ministries doesn't giving a flying f@#K about the people who are trying to donate to their "charity".  "Charity" my a$$.  They have wasted my time and show how much they really care about having donations made to their "charity".  Now I get to waste even more of my time arranging to have the furniture picked up with another charity and putting off even longer for me to start my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment