Friday, February 25, 2011

It's a Girl!

I just found out this morning that my oldest niece will be having a little girl!  This is my brother-in-law's step-daughter but he's basically been the only father to her.  I'm looking forward to watching him and my husband get wrapped around the finger of a little girl as there are no girls on my husbands side.  This should be very fun to watch as I know little girls can easily manipulate my husband to their will as my two youngest nieces have easily demonstrated. 

Since my niece is an alumni of Florida State University I thought I would make her some baby items in Seminole colors (mostly just to irritate my BIL who is a University of Florida fan).  I crocheted her a baby blanket with a design from my own little old head.  It's made from Knit Picks Swish DK in garnet heather and grain heather.




 

 While I was at it I also made a little pair of booties as I thought they were very adorable!


I also will probably give her the granny square blanket that I've been working on for awhile since she'll be having a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment