Sunday, September 9, 2012

Organization

Last weekend I was working with my scraps to work on a new project.

scraps for ticker tape quilt

Since it was a bit of pain to dig through the scraps to find the next color I wanted to use, I decided to organize my scraps.

scrap organization

Thankfully I don't have too many scraps.  I like to use them for bee blocks or small projects so I can manage to keep the pile under control.  Mostly recently I worked on a mini ticker tape quilt that I made last weekend when I was trying to catch up on quilting my quilt tops (that will be a later post).

ticker tape quilt

Now that the scraps are so well organized I couldn't let the fabric cabinet continue on it's downward spiral.  It was a never ending black hole.  I knew I had certain fabrics, like plain white, but could never seem to find them.

stash before

Looking around the Internet I saw some great ideas on fabric storage by making mini fabric bolts using comic book backing boards.  I spent Saturday afternoon organizing the fabric.  It didn't take long, I watched two movies while I did it.

Untitled

mini fabric bolts

2 comments:

  1. I am almost finished with a similar organizing project. We seem to be on the same wave length.
    What is a comic book backing board?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's used to keep comic boards from bending when they are stored - I purchased mine from BCW Supplies. http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/comic-boards/

      Delete