Sunday, September 30, 2012

More blocks

A quick update on my ongoing monthly block projects.

The September block for StitchCraft's $10 BOM was easy.  I'm quite happy I decided to go with the neutral colorway, it's a big change for me.

$10 BOM StitchCraft

The Queen Bee for September for the South Florida Modern Quilt Guild monthly bee asked for a wonky log cabin.  So I made one for her:

wonky log cabin bee block

And one for the sample quilt that I'm making for myself as part of the bee.

wonky log cabin

Also, the South Florida Modern Quilt Guild decided to make a group quilt with a modern Florida feel.  We chose a fabric from the Kaffe Fassett line called "Paperweight" in the yellow colorway as the focus fabric.  I think it represents the Sunshine State without being cliche.


I went with a modern wonky dresden block featuring some improv piecing.  I'm calling it a "Modern Sun" block.  It say's "Florida" to me.

Modern Florida Sun block closeup

Modern Florida Sun block

No comments:

Post a Comment