Friday, September 23, 2011

This weeks QAL blocks...

Tonight I made the two of the three blocks released this week for the Celebrate Christmas Quilt-Along.  I'm not sure that I'll be making the third has I'm not fond of applique.

I tried a new technique on the red and white block for making my half square triangle blocks.  I did the method that starts with two squares, sew them, cut them apart and viola! two blocks.  I didn't care for it.  I actually like to cut the individual triangles and sew them together.  I've never had a issue with the bias edge stretching and it just seems easier to me.



Now that the little blocks are done for the QAL, I'll concentrate on finishing my purple quilt.  The ladies at my LQS helped me pick out a gorgeous fabric for the back from the Terrain collection by Kate Spain for Moda - LOVE IT!!!

For now though, off to knit on my baby gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment