Monday, September 5, 2011

Another quilt top pieced together

Today I finished piecing my challenge quilt top.  I fussy cut the borders to make sure the flowers all went in the same direction.  Overall, I'm very happy with the quilt!  I think I'll call it "Garden Windows".  I really like the main fabric from the "Isabella" collection by Riley Blake Designs.  Fortunately, I don't have enough fabric for the backing or binding so I'll HAVE to make another trip to the quilt store and I know they have a coordinating print to the collection that would make a great backing.  Oh well, I think I'll survive the trip.  It turned out to be a little big to hang on the wall.  I'm not quite sure yet if I'll keep it, gift it or put it up for sale on Etsy. 


I woke little Ricky up from his nap when I started taking pictures.  He loves to sleep on the couch while I work in my craft room.


No comments:

Post a Comment