Saturday, June 28, 2008

Road Trip

Today my mom came down and we went to Sunshine Sewing in Margate - great quilt shop! Huge selection of Batik's and Kaffe Fassett(spelling?). We picked out some fabric for my mom's first quilt project. She is going to make two quilted placemats. I picked out some nice batiks for my next project which I hope to start tomorrow.

I also picked up the fabric for the quilt that I designed in 1-2-3- quilt. It will be a small quilt with 4" Half Log Cabin blocks.

It was a fun day out with Mom. We also stopped by a yarn store because I wanted to get some sock yarn - I think that I'm going to finally attempt to make a pair of socks. I saw a neat pattern from Paton's for pedicure socks that I thought I'd try; however, I'm not ready to spend $20 on one hank of yarn that'll just make 1 sock (thank you very much), so I'll be perfectly happy ordering some Paton yarn. (picture from patonyarn.com)







No comments:

Post a Comment