Monday, June 30, 2008

Measure twice, cut once...

Always good advice to follow. I started my half log cabin quilt on Sunday and goofed! I cut about half the pieces in the wrong measurement, this wouldn't have been to bad, but I also ran out of fabric. So with the price of gas I get to take another road trip to the quilt store for 1 little yard of fabric (I'm sure I'll come home with more than the one yard).

I'm very happy with the blocks so far, and I think it'll be a very interesting quilt when finished.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I see you're new to blogland just like me. Have fun with it! I like your half log cabin blocks. Looking forward to seeing more of your completed projects.
    The idea of using orphan blocks to make a knitting needle case holder is brilliant. Check out my blog too! QGB in Canada wishing you Happy 4th of July

    ReplyDelete