To catch up a little, last week I finished up the tumbler quilt that will be gifted to my friends first grand-baby. Her name is Sophia Grace and I found the perfect backing fabric for this quilt. The quilt was very easy to make since I used two die-cut tumbler packs that I purchased from Keepsake Quilting a few years ago.
I spent the week making cake pops for a friendly bake-off at work. One night I baked the cake, the next formed the balls and finally another night spent coating the cake pops. It was fun to try but a bit of a pain in the a$$, so I probably won't be making them again but I did end up winning second place!!
This weekend I spent some time in the sewing room and made a pincushion for the May swap at the South Florida Modern Quilt Guild meeting. I used the Giant Pincushion pattern.
I also made a bit of progress on the May block for the Quilting Bee. Charlotte is this month's Queen Bee and she wants to create a flower garden out of our blocks. I thought I would try to do the folded flowers from the book "Fantastic Fabric Folding". After a few failed attempts I managed to make two flowers. The trick I found was to use the iron to crease as finger pressing just wasn't cutting it. I'll post a picture of the completed block soon.