Sunday, October 9, 2011

Need a Medic - STAT!

My machine is officially on the injured list.  The motor just froze up on it, so time to arrange for it to visit the sewing machine doctor.  I'm a bit sad because this means no sewing for awhile, but after speaking to my lovely Mother tonight, she reminded me that I have a serger and I could always drop the knives and fiddle with it to see if I can get a 1/4" seam, it will work to finish sewing all the strips together for my next project until my machine is fixed.

Here's the project that I was working on when my machine crapped out.  It's the Let's Strip It, Majestic Mountain Quilt from 3 Dudes Quilting.  I saw a project that a fellow Raveler posted on a forum and thought it looked pretty cool.  I've had this jelly roll of heart themed fabrics in my stash for awhile so I decided to use that.

IMAG0106

The first set of strips is sewn, but then the machine pooped out.

IMAG0107.jpg

I was lucky though to finish a few projects before machine meltdown.  I finished the next block in the Celebrate Christmas QAL.  I was up early this morning and it took me about 3 hours to complete.

IMAG0104.jpg

I also sewed the border on my blue batik quilt.

IMAG0108.jpg

And finally, I made a little Halloween themed project bag for my knitting.  My friend Charity was kind enough to share her pattern with me.  Overall I'm happy with how it turned out.

IMAG0105

No comments:

Post a Comment